[GE users] [GE dev] [GE announce] Go On and Good bye and Announcing Oracle Grid Engine 6.2 Update 7

gh ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Sun Dec 26 06:52:02 GMT 2010

On 12/24/10 12:18, andy wrote:

> Licensing
> ---------
> Like the Sun Grid Engine releases since SGE 6.2u3, the product is not
> anymore "free" to use. With the download you accept a 30 day (before 90
> day) evaluation license unless you have a valid SGE/OGE license.

hello,
from the gridengine
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/downloads/latest.html
i can download 6u5 release, and there is no indication about a limited
usage?
i just have to "agree to the  Sun Grid Engine 6.2U5 Open Source License
Agreement"
On other side, from oracle website, there is 6u6 and it is explicitly said:
Evaluation License
You may evaluate the software internally for a period of 90 days from
your first use.

Actually, i have 6u3. Can i upgrade to 6u5 without paying?
For recent releases, i don't find costs information anywhere. Any chance
to have small fees for small installations?
I also visit the OGS website on sourceforge, not very exciting now...

merry christmas,

gerard