[GE dev] [GE announce] Re: [GE users] [GE dev] [GE announce] Go On and Good bye and Announcing Oracle Grid Engine 6.2 Update 7

templedf daniel.templeton at oracle.com
Sun Dec 26 08:04:43 GMT 2010

The u5 open source binaries are still freely available through the end of the year. Expect them to go away soon after that, though.

At Oracle, upgrades are free as long as you maintain a valid support contract.  The cost of licenses is based on core count, so it scales with cluster size. Of course, reps tend to be more willing to get approval for higher discounts to land the larger cluster deals.  How small of an installation did you have in mind?  I still may have a couple of unplayed cards up my sleeve...

Daniel