[GE users] Re: Changes for a Bright Future at Oracle

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Dec 28 21:18:21 GMT 2010

rayson <rayrayson at gmail.com> writes:

> And the Grid Scheduler project has been quiet for some time because
> Ron is busy with his own consulting business, but he agreed to pass
> the torch, and I am going to be the official maintainer until we find
> a better person.

What do you intend to do with it?

> (When Grid Engine was a Sun open source projects, Ron
> & I were the only handful of developers contributing code,

To be fair, a number of people tried, and the contributions in the
tracker that could easily be merged are under
https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/browser.

> and I hope
> to change the code contribution process a bit so that we can accept
> more contributions!)

What is the difficulty from your point of view?  From the point of view
of contributors, I'd say it's having a non-distributed VCS with no
history and no documentation component, as well as no convenient issue
tracker (e.g. for submission by mail).

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org