[GE users] available mailing list (was: Changes for a Bright Future at Oracle)

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Dec 28 21:18:39 GMT 2010

beatrubi <beat at 0x1b.ch> writes:

> Which opens one question: What happens to this mailinglist? It was one
> of my best resources during the last years

Apparently more useful than Oracle support.

> and I will miss it if closed. OK, there
> at least two forums, but I'm pretty sure the hard core members of this list
> wont like it at all.

Right.  While it might be possible to gateway such things to SMTP/NNTP,
I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

> At least Reuti is one of those dinosaurs:

I hope `dinosaurs' was meant to be in scare quotes!

> I have resources and know how to run a mailinglist. Feel free to rise hands!

I have one already set up which is intended as a community resource for
the project meant to continue gridengine on the same spirit as
originally:  <https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE/wiki/WikiStart#mail>.  (It
is likely to move to Sourceforge, or somewhere, but that should be
transparent.)I'm afraid I haven't had time to do more work, particularly
to increase the visibility, but I may have more time in the new year.
Note that disconnected operation was a requirement for such services,
i.e. using a distributed revision control system and interaction by
mail.

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org