[GE users] 6.2u5 memory reporting issue - building ge

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Dec 28 21:31:31 GMT 2010

coffman <michael.coffman at avagotech.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to build O|SGE so I can drop in a version of execd that
> will properly report memory usage.  After reading several threads
> related to this, it seemed that is what I would need to do.  I have
> downloaded the source via:
>
> svn co https://gridscheduler.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gridscheduler gridscheduler
>
> Now I am trying to run aimk to get things setup to build.  This is my
> first time trying to build GE and it seems a bit daunting and help
> would be appreciated.

Go to https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE and follow the recipe for building
it after retrieving the latest snapshot
(http://arc.liv.ac.uk/downloads/SGE/sge-20101220.tar.gz).  That has all
three (?) changes from OGS, plus a lot more, including docs.  If you
have a problem with that, please report it, and I'll try to help.

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org