[GE users] Re: Re: Re: [GE users] Issue seen in 6.2U5 : memory values reported bySGE too low compared to top output on linux systems

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Dec 31 15:03:15 GMT 2010

bdbaddog <bill at baddogconsulting.com> writes:

> All,
>
> Sounds like what's needed is a buildbot or hudson config and a bunch
> of slaves of various OS types to build on.

I think what's needed is a convenient build process and a community to
maintain specific platforms and debug running configurations.  If people
running clusters can't build from source, there's something wrong.

The major problems aren't platform-specific as far as I can see.

> We setup a similar thing for the SCons project
> (http://buildbot.scons.org/) which I currently host.

Running regression tests on Python programs sounds like a rather
different issue.

> I'd be more than willing to assist in such a manor to this project.

I'd be particularly interested to hear from people able to help whose
manors aren't GNU/Linux.  [Maybe the punning only works for British
speakers.]

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org