[GE users] SGE-6.2u5: Slot reservation for different queues?

soyez E.Soyez at science-computing.de
Wed Jul 7 08:24:43 BST 2010

Good morning,

we seem to have a problem with slot reservation only working
for jobs in the same queue.  We have one queue ("batch") for
parallel jobs and another one ("serial") for single cpu jobs.

Large parallel jobs (>=32 slots) are submitted with "-R yes"
and this works fine in normal circumstances when competing
with small parallel jobs.

Right now the cluster is full with single cpu jobs and all the
parallel jobs in queue "batch" are starving while being bypassed
in the queue "serial".

Is this the intended behaviour or is it just some kind of
misconfiguration?

Thanks a lot

Erik Soyez.

Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Dr. Roland Niemeier,
Dr. Arno Steitz, Dr. Ingrid Zech
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/
Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Michel Lepert