[GE users] scheduler chooses not the best node in pe smp

jochen jochen.weisel at eu.takata.com
Thu Jul 8 10:49:20 BST 2010

Reuti, your proposal sounds good but the idea behind my question is the following.

He have a very heterogeneous environment. He have now some nodes with 2, some with 4
and some nodes with 8 cores. If y user request 4 cores, the job should use one node with
4 cores or (if none is available) 2 nodes with 2 cores.
We do not want to waste 8 core power with a 4 core job running on a 8 core node.

Regards, Jochen