[GE users] Minimum Number of Nodes/Job

murphygb brian.murphy at siemens.com
Fri Jul 9 15:21:56 BST 2010

> Am 09.07.2010 um 01:31 schrieb murphygb:
>
> > What config do I use to ensure SGE spreads my distributed jobs across the fewest number of nodes, i.e., node selection starts with the node with the most available slots and then works its way down?  Right now SGE is randomly choosing loaded machines over unloaded machines for some reason (6.2u5) I have tried a scheduler conf like:
> >
> > algorithm                         default
> > schedule_interval                 0:0:15
> > maxujobs                          0
> > queue_sort_method                 load
> > job_load_adjustments              np_load_avg=0.20
>
> As np_load_avg isn't used for the load_formula, the adjustments can be set to NONE here.
>
> > load_adjustment_decay_time        0:5:00
> > load_formula                      -slots
>
> Maybe "slots" will work to have a fill-up policy.
>
> -- Reuti

For load_formula, I have tried +slots, -slots, +num_proc, -num_proc.  Nothing affects queue selection.  The job goes to the same machines in the same order every time.  Allocation rule for the pe for these jobs is set to $fill_up.  Even when I have load formula set to np_load_avg, machines with load are being selected over machines with no load.