[GE users] CLIENT parameter values in JSVs

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Nov 2 17:36:13 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 02.11.2010 um 18:23 schrieb macona:

>>> Brilliant! That works nicely.
>
> Hmmm...I am now sporadically getting the following errors on job submission:
>
> Unable to run job: master got unknown command from JSV: "ERROR".
>
> This happens every once in a while and is not job specific, as the same job submitted again submits successfully. This occurs with qsub and qrsh jobs.
>
> I thought it was due to setting the q_hard parameter to 'free.q,interactive.q' but the comma is indeed required.

yep, it's necessary. On the commandline you can use either syntax:

$ qsub -q free.q -q interactive.q ...

or your version:

$ qsub -q free.q,interactive.q ...

Maybe specifying it twice helps. Please let me know, if it changes the behavior.

NB: As it happens only once in a while, it sounds more like a race condition with multiple runs of the JSV at the same time or alike.

-- Reuti