[GE users] integrate BLCR with SGE62u5

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 18:10:42 GMT 2010

macona <ashley.macon at colorado.edu> writes:

> I setup BLCR with SGE 6.2u5 successfully. Note, what I describe is for
> non-MPI jobs. You can get BLCR to work with OpenMPI but I have not yet
> done that.

It is fairly new, and there are problems being ironed out with the OMPI
checkpointing, at least in the 1.4 line -- not that they're anything to
do with SGE as far as I remember.

Just for serial jobs, it may be easier to use DMTCP
<http://dmtcp.sourceforge.net/>, which is done in user space, so you
don't have to keep tabs on the kernel module.

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org