[GE users] Open Source 0r 90-day trail or Proprietary

templedf daniel.templeton at oracle.com
Thu Nov 11 15:06:12 GMT 2010

For SGE 6.2u5, it is:

1) open source -- http://gridengine.sunsource.net/
2) trial product --
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=SunGE-6.2U5-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI
3) for sale -- talk to your friendly neighborhood Sun/Oracle sales rep

For OGE 6.2u6, none of the new source code changes have been released to
the open source yet.  That means for 6.2u6, #1 drops off, leaving you
with only a free 90-day trial or buying the product.

There was a period, roughly 6.0u6 through 6.2u1, where the thing was
also a free product.  That ended with 6.2u2 (I think), and the free
usage fell back under a 90-day non-production eval.

If you need help finding a local Oracle sales rep, let me know.  I've
gotten pretty good at it by now.

Daniel