[GE users] configuring user/machine scheduling priority

jbazik jsb at cs.brown.edu
Mon Nov 15 16:44:39 GMT 2010

Thanks, that is a real help.

> b) sort by seq_no will work, and configuring the sequence numbers in
> such a way, that the queues dedicated to the owner are accessed first
> (see below). By this I mean *all* owner queues should be checked before
> the common queues on all the machines.

Will ordering by sequence number allow pe jobs to reserve resources?
So will a pe job pending in a low seq_no queue prevent higher-priority
jobs in later seq_no queues from running?

Also, does it make sense to use an rqs to limit the number of jobs
running to the number of cores on a machine?  Previously we've done
this just by limiting the number of queue slots.

John