[GE users] help with loadsensor complexes

sgenedharvey sge at nedharvey.com
Mon Nov 15 18:59:07 GMT 2010

> From: fx [mailto:d.love at liverpool.ac.uk]
>
> [Note that flex-grid isn't free software, and it's not clear to me whether
the
> language in the licence allows running in a commercial setting when it's
> applied to software; I don't know what Mark intended.
> You can see how it works, anyway.]

Looking into the details, thanks for the suggestion.

To clarify one thing though:  flex-grid is indeed free software.  If you're
confused by the word "noncommercial" in the name of the license, you can
look it up ... The link to the full license details is ...
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode

You'll notice there are no restrictions for what purpose you may use the
software.  There are only restrictions on reproducing, adapting, and
distributing the software (and "Publicly Performing" the software).  Once
you receive the software, there is no restriction to how you may use it
internally.

You are prohibited from reproducing, adapting, or distributing the software
for commercial gain.  AKA you can't sell flex-grid or any derivative works.

But it is indeed free.