[GE users] load_thresholds questions

chambon chambon at cc.in2p3.fr
Wed Nov 17 10:19:30 GMT 2010

Hello,

> > job_load_adjustments              cpu=20   (20 to express 20%)
> > load_adjustment_decay_time        00:00:40
>
> this is a really short time, and in the same range as the load_report_time I assume.

Exactly.
At first time, I set the same value as de (default) report_time
I now understand that with this decay_time you can control the "speed of distribution"  (or "dispathing rate")  of jobs to a worker-node.

> At the beginning of the load_adjustment_decay_time it's 1 per job and will be lowered to zero. The 3.25 are then the sum of all the shares of all the running jobs still in the load_adjustment_decay_time. It could be 0.75 + 0.75 + 0.75 + 0.50 + 0.50 or whatever. Which job adds which amount to the total isn't printed out.
>
> -- Reuti

Thank you very much for this detail
(I realised later the influence of the number of running job)

Bernard