[GE users] xml-qstat on Cocoon/Tomcat

butters chris at pearit.co.uk
Fri Nov 19 16:49:49 GMT 2010

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had any success with xml-qstat running on Cocoon on top of Tomcat or JBoss please?

We have it running mostly OK in this setup (Cocoon 2.1.11 as a WAR file in Tomcat 6.0.29) however the detailed job information pages doesn't work. Looking into this, we can see that xml-qstat's trying to run the 'qstat.sh' script in the sitemap file, e.g.;

<map:match pattern="qstatf.xml/~*/**">
   <map:generate type="commandGenerator"
       src="{contextpath:../scripts/}qstat.sh CELL={1} ROOT=/{2} -u * -xml -r -f -F load_avg,num_proc -explain aAcE"
       />
   <map:serialize/>
 </map:match>

However it seems the 'contextpath:' module doesn't work when used via a WAR file;

       http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input/ContextPathModule.html

Not really knowing much at all about Java stuff, and almost nothing about Cocoon, I'm afraid I've kinda run into a wall here! So any help or pointers anyone can offer would be of great help.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Chris