[GE users] lAddElemStr(JB_job_name): run time type error memory allocation failed

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 23:39:58 GMT 2010

marvnoo9 <marv at jhu.edu> writes:

> I tried to put a user's jobs on hold and got this error:
>
> $ qhold -u wkao
> critical error: error: lAddElemStr(JB_job_name): run time type error
> memory allocation failed qalter_parse_job_parameter

Any reason to doubt that you had just run out of memory (possibly
because of a leak in qmaster)?  If qmaster is leaking, perhaps a later
version would help, or you could monitor the memory use, and restart it
if necessary.  If I recall correctly, there's a script somewhere to do
that, but it relies on qping, and that's broken, but you could do it
differently.

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org