[GE users] Dynamically changing the slots value in the queue

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Nov 24 08:45:23 GMT 2010

Am 24.11.2010 um 06:03 schrieb llikethat:

> [...]

Then the best is to define the slots for a queue equal to the installed cores and submit a serial job as such when they use only one core, other jobs which use more than one core have to be submitted as parallel ones. Each of the parallel jobs should use exactly the granted amount of cores. Whether they use forks or threads.

For OpenMP you can set e.g. in your jobscript: export OMP_NUM_THREADS=$NSLOTS