[GE users] checking mount points or any other user defined attributes

llikethat bharanitn at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 11:27:17 GMT 2010

--- On Wed, 24/11/10, llikethat <bharanitn at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: llikethat <bharanitn at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [GE users] checking mount points or any other user defined attributes
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Date: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 4:45 PM
--- On Wed, 24/11/10, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:

From: reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Date: Wednesday, 24 November, 2010, 2:12 PM

Am 24.11.2010 um 06:21 schrieb llikethat:

> [...]

You define a complex as RESTRING and fill it with the mount points available on a machine in each exechost's specification:

$ qconf -me node01
complex_values mounts=:/nfs/fubar1:/nfs/fubar2:

and then you request e.g.

$ qsub -l mounts="*:/nfs/fubar2:*" ...

-- Reuti

Thank you very much for the reply will try this out and get back to you.

Hi Reuti,

I had doubt in setting the complexes,

If i'm setting the mount points in the complex, and configuring it on the node configuration, how does SGE undestand it? Will SGE check for the presence of these mount points before submitting the job to the node?

-Bharani