[GE users] cannot find a host with the requested complex_values?

rdickson ross.dickson at dal.ca
Tue Nov 30 18:50:59 GMT 2010

Hi folks.

For anyone else who gets into such a situation:  The 'global' setting
for such a custom complex appears not to be overridden by the 'exechost'
setting as I assumed it would be.  'qsub -w v' helped here (and I feel
foolish for not thinking of it sooner.) I solved the problem by removing
the complex_value from the global exechost (qconf -me global) and
setting it for each individual exechost:

for host in $hostlist; do
    qconf -mattr exechost complex_values chip=opteron $host
done

Cheers,
Ross Dickson