[GE users] tmpdir not working for qconf -mq

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Sep 24 17:35:17 BST 2010

Am 24.09.2010 um 18:17 schrieb wagoodman:

> So that I'm clear...
>
> There is no way to configure o|sge to redirect from local /tmp to /usr/local/scratch?

Correct.

What you can do: mount /usr/local/scratch on /tmp on the nodes (with a "bind" you can also mount directories on others, not only partitions: "/usr/local/scratch       /tmp auto bind 1 1"), or replace /tmp with a symbolic link to /usr/local/scratch.

In more detail: what do you want to achieve? Avoiding users supplying illegal path names - this could be better solved by an JSV and changing the found -o/-e path names if necessary. When users shouldn't supply anything: create a default "sge_request" with one line "-o /usr/local/scratch -e /usr/local/scratch".

-- Reuti