[SGE-discuss] 6.2u5: drmaa binaries for darwin and solaris

Gerard Henry ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Fri Jul 8 16:16:03 BST 2011

hello all,
i'm a little bit confused by the plethora of users list, sorry for cross
posting, but i've the feeling that each list is very valuable

I'm in search of the following binaries:
- libdrmaa.so for solaris 32 bits
- libdrmaa.dylib for darwin-x64

I tried several methods to obtain it:

1. binaries from bioteam
(http://bioteam.net/dag/gridengine-courtesy-binaries/)
unfortunately, they aren't compatible, with the following error

drmaa.errors.DrmCommunicationException: code 2: denied: client
(tara/drmaa/1) uses newer GDI version 268447744 while qmaster uses older
version 6.2u5

2. trying to compile from sources
got the sources from OGS, but darwin-x64 or sol-x86 aren't valid
platforms according aimk

3. also trying sources from Son of GRid Engine
on darwin-x64:
export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)
csh aimk -only-depend && scripts/zerodepend && ./aimk depend && 2>&1 |
tee LOG.1
checking host system type... configure: error: can not guess host type;
you must specify one
make: Makefile: No such file or directory

Of course, i read the doc here:
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/CompileGridEngineSource.html
https://arc.liv.ac.uk/trac/SGE#Building

i've put results of different aimk steps for sol-x86 here, in case
someone could help:
http://www.latp.univ-mrs.fr/~henry/ge/sol-x86

the libdrmaa.so seems to be built, but, strangely, it was deleted and
the final directory is empty
me at solqual:~/SGE6.2u5p2/source$ ls -l /usr/local/src/tmp/sge/lib/sol-x86/
total 1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 me me 15 Jul  5 10:42 libdrmaa.so -> libdrmaa.so.1.0

thanks in advance for help, and again, sorry for the cross posting (even
if it seems that some people listen on multiple lists)

gerard