[SGE-discuss] Advice sort on SGE Queue Configurations

Dr Andrew Smith andrew.smith at york.ac.uk
Wed May 21 10:27:49 BST 2014

Dear All,

We currently building a small cluster that is mainly for users to
develop their code. What we aim to provide is a system that supports:

  * a fast turn around for small time limited jobs - for development and
    debugging
  * the ability to run longer jobs overnight and at the weekends
  * the ability to prioritise jobs for groups who "own" a share of the nodes

I am looking for best practice on how we can achieve this. Are separate
queues to address the three aims the way to go, or it is possible to
have only one queue configured for this?

Any advise, or pointers to documentation on how to do this would be much
appreciated.

Thank you,

Andrew