[SGE-discuss] Cgroups/cpusets on RHEL7

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 11:35:37 GMT 2015

I'm experimenting with SoGE under RHEL7 using the Loveshack rpms.  I'm trying to get the Cgroups/cpuset working.  When I submit a job I get the following errors in the messages file
"Can't make cgroup /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset/sge/21.1: No such file or directory"
followed by "Can't make job 21.1 cpuset 0"

The job (as evidenced by having it cat /proc/self/cgroup) is still in the root cpuset.

In fact the directories /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset/sge/21.1/0 and /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset/sge/21.1/<pid of shepherd> were successfully created however the cpuset.cpus and cpuset.mems files are empty in 21.1 and below while the sge directory has same values as the root cpuset (set up manually).

Manually copying the mems and cpus values works as expected.

Any idea what might be going on here?
--
William Hay <w.hay at ucl.ac.uk>