[GE users] schedd hangs with infinite loop :-((

Christian Kauhaus ckauhaus at informatik.uni-jena.de
Fri Apr 2 10:55:59 BST 2004

Andy Schwierskott <andy.schwierskott at sun.com>:
>As a workaround I suggest your are installing the previous glibc version
>again.

I will consider doing this. As a temporary fix, I disabled the
functional policy. This is acceptable to us, since our scheduling policy
is mostly dominated by the share tree policy.

>I don't know how the potential problem best could be reported back to the
>Linux glibc maintainers - if anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

Maybe it would be an Idee to isolate the problem with a small test
program that mallocs N small chunks of memory and frees them again.

Regards
  Christian

--
Dipl.-Inf. Christian Kauhaus                               <><
Lehrstuhl Rechnerarchitektur und -kommunikation