[GE users] Getgrgid on OSX

Roger Kylin rkylin at segmail.com
Fri Apr 2 18:55:30 BST 2004

I figured out what was going on... FYI

My account was the first created on the machine, so I had uid=501, but
my uid on the rest of the cluster was 500.  So I changed my uid to 500,
and changed all of the files and directories owned by uid=501 to 500.
In the process, the 'rkylin' gid was also changed to 500.  However, in
NetInfo, my gid (of user 500) was still 501, and there was no such
corresponding group anymore.....

Thanks for your help.

Roger