[GE users] Enchanced SGE-SSH integration

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 02:06:04 BST 2004

--- Bernard Li <bli at bcgsc.ca> wrote:
> I have been using ssh for qrsh ever since we used
> SGE and didn't have much issues with it

OK, so even you know why we need the enchanced
integration, you are still one of those who don't need
to worry about it :)

(hi everyone, just kidding)

> - I guess it is probably good to have the tighter
> integration so that it keeps better accounting for
> SGE.

Yes, I think so too.

> I will wait for the release version before I set it
> up I guess...  Is this slated for patch6?

SGE 5.3p6 was out today:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=17350&listName=announce

One problem we need to address is that sshd needs to
read a config file, so we need to have the file
accessible by all the machines.

 -Ron