[GE users] Window as SGE Submit host ?

Andrew Shewmaker shewa at inel.gov
Fri Apr 9 22:39:43 BST 2004

Ron Chen wrote:

> Someone tried it a while back, and he also posted some
> code diffs:
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?msgId=8605&listName=dev
>
> If you can continue this effort, that would be great,
> and we don't need to wait for the real Windows port...
> which *may* be coming end of this year, btw.
>
>  -Ron

I followed those instructions and have succesfully submitted a couple of
jobs.  I haven't put it in production yet and I have only tested qsub,
qstat, and qhost.

The diffs were a little out of date for sge-V53p5_TAG-src.tar.gz, but I
got it to compile.  I didn't make any new patches yet.

BTW, Ian told me that he ended up writing his own system instead of
using SGE.

Andrew

--
Andrew Shewmaker, Associate Engineer