[GE users] -N option and "/" seperator

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 04:41:32 BST 2004

--- Kirk Patton <kpatton at transmeta.com> wrote:
> I have a user that noted the "-N" option which
> specifies the jobname does
> not like "/" in the name.  Can this be overidden?

No, "/" is not allowed!

This is because SGE uses the job name for the output
file, so if you have "T/F" as your jobname, SGE will
try to write the output file to <home dir of the
user>/T/F.o
and <home dir of the user>/T/F.e for the error file.

If this is *really* needed for a *very important*
purpose, then you can modify the source (I just done
it), and relax the rule a bit, so that qsub would
allow a "/" to be in the job name if the output/error
files are defined by the user with -e and -o.

 -Ron

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html