[GE users] Does SGE work with IBM/Rational ClearCase ?

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 12:35:38 BST 2004

If you search clearcase on this list, you can find my attempts last year to
try get
cleasecase work with SGE.

I need to demostrate SGE's qmake can parse clearcase makefile and
dispatch the independant sub tasks in makefile to other clearcase-enable
execution nodes to do distributed compilation. We are aware clearmake
can do distributed compilation if static execuation hosts are be
pre-configured.

We use clearcase in workpalce and if SGE can't improve code compilation
speed then there is no real merit of using SGE.

Please, if you sucessfully using SGE to improve clearcase compilation time
please let me know. So SGE can be compared with  other candidate - " LSF".

We might be able to pay you consulation fee for helping  us set up
SGE+Clearcase testing environment.

Thanks

T.J. Yang