[GE users] SCHEDULER PROBLEM

mailing at adminsrl.it mailing at adminsrl.it
Wed Apr 14 13:23:05 BST 2004

Hello,

I have a BIG problem on job scheduling. I have an installation of sge 5.3p3
for a cluster of 7 server linux biprocessors.
My scheduler configuration is:
algorithm                  default
schedule_interval          00:00:50
maxujobs                   0
queue_sort_method          load
user_sort                  false
job_load_adjustments       np_load_avg=0.50,load_short=1.0
load_adjustment_decay_time 00:02:00
load_formula               np_load_avg
schedd_job_info            true

and I have an external resource that counts the free licenses of my program
every 5 seconds.
When there are 20 pending job, the scheduler runs 3 or 4 jobs in the same
time.
In this mode only the first job submitted works and from the second will be
blocked because only one license is available.
I have to schedul just 1 job once time!!
Please Help me!!
Thanks,

Farinelli Oscar.