[GE users] Does SGE work with IBM/Rational ClearCase ? Reply to Ron Chen

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:16:17 BST 2004

>I forgot what kind of problems you got last year, but
>I'm to lazy to search the old mails. (btw, would be
>nice to have google's 1GB webmail account with its
>search functionality)

I will summerize my issue in another email. for historical
reason please got to url here,

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/SearchList?listName=users&by=thread

and type "clearcase". it will bring up all the email threads abouit my
efforts
trying to setup clearcase in my test environment.

>Since you said that clearcase has its own distributed
>compilation methods, why not use it with SGE?

This is a least favorable approach, I am expecting qmake can
parse the clearmake's  makefile and distribute the independent
tasks to the "clearsecase execution hosts".

>I think you can ask SGE to give you a number of hosts,
>and you tell clearcase to use those provided by SGE
>instead of a static list.

I need to refresh my SGE knowledge to understand this.

>-Ron

Thanks for your reply

T.J. Yang