[GE users] Does SGE work with IBM/Rational ClearCase ? Reply to Ron Chen

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 14:10:06 BST 2004

--- "T.J. Yang" <tj_yang at hotmail.com> wrote:
> This is a least favorable approach, I am expecting
> qmake can parse the clearmake's  makefile and
> distribute the independent
> tasks to the "clearsecase execution hosts".

I don't think qmake or lsmake can parse clearmake's
makefile.

But, may be I don't understand enough about its
makefile, what's the difference anyways?

Also, if you think lsmake can do it, let me know how.

> >I think you can ask SGE to give you a number of
> hosts,
> >and you tell clearcase to use those provided by SGE
> >instead of a static list.
> >

> I need to refresh my SGE knowledge to understand
> this.

This is to avoid multiple developers using the same
hosts for their compliations:

SGE queues up the jobs, and allocates a set of hosts
per job exclusive to the job. And then, you tell
clearcase to use the hosts that are allocated by SGE.

 -Ron

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html