[GE users] Error jobs hanging SGE

Bryan Bayerdorffer bryan.bayerdorffer at analog.com
Thu Apr 15 15:10:14 BST 2004

Yep, this is deadly.  Do you get the max_u_jobs message in the logs?

Ron Chen wrote:
> --- Bryan Bayerdorffer wrote:
>
>>>which version are you using?
>>
>>5.3p4
>

> In fact, I could reproduce it last week with p5.
>
> Try submit a large number of jobs with the default
> installation of SGE, and make sure the jobs are
> submitted with -o /<non-writable directory>/file. Then
> SGE will not try to schedule any more jobs after the
> first ten or so.
>
>  -Ron

>>For additional commands, e-mail:
>>users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net

Bryan Bayerdorffer        bryan at meatspace.net           bryan at spd.analog.com
                      (Wit's End Computation Center)       (Analog Devices)

"All our ideas of life after death come from people speculating who
have never bothered actually to die.  Once people do die they seem
disinclined to share their post mortem experiences."
-- Mark R. Leeper