[GE users] Does SGE work with IBM/Rational ClearCase ?

Beadles, Jeff jeff_beadles at mentorg.com
Thu Apr 15 22:52:49 BST 2004

Some of our projects use clearcase to store their regression suites along with the source code.  Most of our SGE use is around the qa/test environments, and thus our use of clearcase with SGE.

I bet we spend at least 10 hours testing for every hour of builds, probably a lot more...  It's definitely worth the time, at least in our environment.

Yes, you can use distcc with Sun Studio/Sun Workshop/HP Acc compilers.  You need to make a small tweak to the source, to change the output filename from foo.out to be foo.o, and then it works great.

Regards,
	-Jeff