[GE users] Does SGE work with IBM/Rational ClearCase ? Reply to Ron Chen

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:51:44 BST 2004

>From: Ron Chen <ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com>
>To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
>Subject: Re: [GE users] Does SGE work with IBM/Rational ClearCase ? Reply
>to Ron Chen
>Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 06:10:06 -0700 (PDT)
>
>--- "T.J. Yang" <tj_yang at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > This is a least favorable approach, I am expecting
> > qmake can parse the clearmake's  makefile and
> > distribute the independent
> > tasks to the "clearsecase execution hosts".
>
>I don't think qmake or lsmake can parse clearmake's
>makefile.

>From my testing in a ccase enabled sge execcution host,
a clearcase makefile was able to be parsed by QMAKE.
submit the compilation jobs with qmake or clearmake
all end up about 3 hours. I was expecting another
hosts can help the compilation when I specify
two cpus  options with QMAKE. but the other
helping node was idle during the compilation
process.

tj