[GE users] SGE checkpointing

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Sat Apr 17 20:33:02 BST 2004

Did you *READ* page 112 of the "SGE 5.3 Administration and User Guide"??

Checkpointing jobs are aborted and migrated for the following reasons.

 - The executing queue or the job is suspended explicitly by a qmod or
qmon
   command.
 - The executing queue or the job is suspended automatically because a
suspend
   threshold for the queue has been exceeded...

I don't understand what you mean by "I can't seem to find information", the
information *is* there...

Rayson

>But I can't seem to find information on how I can force a job migration
and restart. Trying to test if the checkpoint environment I've setup is
working.