[GE users] change job priority

Thiep Duong tduong at necelam.com
Sun Apr 25 19:07:38 BST 2004

I am using 5.3.p3 (SGEEE) and having problem changing the job priority
with qalter -p 111 <job_id>  -- the job priority was changed, but it
doesn't go up and run before pending job with '0' priority.

My default configureation was (qconf -ssconf)
queue_sort_method          share
user_sort                  false

I changed to
queue_sort_method          load
user_sort                  true

and it still doesn help.

Any idea what will be the better queue sorting method?

Thanks.

Thiep

   Thiep Duong                    | NEC Electronics America Inc.