[GE users] resource management (resending to the list)

Ara.T.Howard Ara.T.Howard at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 26 16:53:52 BST 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Ron Chen wrote:

> Interested in trying out the beta2 version of SGE 6.0?
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/download-beta.html
>
> With SGE 6.0, you submit with the "or" resource
> requirement, and then use "qstat -j" inside the job to
> determine which disk to use. So, you don't need to
> keep as much code as you currently have.
>
>  -Ron

well, __i__ am always game run the latest greatest, even if only to help out
developers...  coordination with syads in our group does not, however, have a
good history of getting things done quickly: it took me 5 months to 5.3
installed!  of course, i had no problem installing it on my local box in under
10 minutes...

can you define 'beta'.  ;-)

i'm looking at using this in a production environment, but the system will not
really be production for about 4-6 months.  think this is inline with the
development schedule for sge?  i'm fine with putting up with bugs within that
timeframe and would definitely like to contribute any bug reports or (if
possible) patches...

-a