[GE users] Need Assistance with a couple of problems

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Fri Apr 30 17:48:47 BST 2004

For "teaching" Grid Engine do repeated job runs two methods
can be used. Either

(1) your job always re-submits itself with the next -a <time>
    specification

      #!/bin/sh

      # DB2 command

      qsub -a <next_time>
      exit 0

(2) your job always return the special return value 99. This causes
    the very same job run again. In order to delay the next run you'd
    use qalter -a <time> to put it on hold until it is due

      #!/bin/sh

      # DB2 command

      qalter -a <next_time> $SGE_JOB_ID
      exit 99

in case you find (1) or (2) useful the remaining question is how
to determine next start time based on your requirements.

Andreas