[GE users] re: newbie questions

Rayson Ho raysonho at eseenet.com
Fri Apr 30 23:49:52 BST 2004

SGE does not do it internally, but we have this following way to track user
activity:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/idle.html

Then SGE can suspend the queue (and all jobs in the queue).

I know condor does checkpointing to do job migration. SGE doesn't come with
its own library, so you can use the condor checkpointing library and
integrate it with SGE:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/condorckpt.html

Or you can use other checkpointing libraries and integrate them with SGE
using the checkpointing interface...

Rayson