[GE users] Verification of jobs on SGE 5.3p3

Jack Neely jjneely at pams.ncsu.edu
Mon Aug 2 15:16:14 BST 2004

Folks,

I'm running 5.3 patch 3 and have an issue with job verification.  My
default sge_request file contains

    -w e

However, when I use multiple PEs like:

    qsub -pe 'mpich-*' 20 <blah>

the verification fails becuase it only checks the first matching PE and
not all of them.  Is this a known issue or do I have something setup
incorrectly?  If this is a known issue I assume this has been fixed in 6
which I get to upgrade to...eventually.

When I turn off the verification jobs run as expected in one of the
reguested PEs.

Jack Neely
--
Jack Neely <slack at quackmaster.net>
Realm Linux Administration and Development