[GE users] Sequence Number + Load = whether to execute a job?

Richard Hobbs richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Tue Aug 3 17:09:53 BST 2004

Hello,

As I understand it, the higher the sequence number (up to a maximum of 3),
the lower the chance of a job being run on a particular queue, right?

A colleague has informed me that the sequence number is involved in some
kind of equation which determines whether a job is submitted to a machine or
not. They think it is something like "current load + sequence number",
machine with the lowest result get's the job...

Is this correct? Is my understanding correct, but the equation wrong? Is my
understanding completely wrong anyway?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hobbs.

--
Richard Hobbs (Systems Administrator)
Toshiba Research Europe Ltd. - Speech Technology Group
Email: richard.hobbs at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Tel: +44 1223 376964        Mobile: +44 7811 803377

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com