[GE users] jobs never die on nodes with mpich

Jesse Becker jbecker at northwestern.edu
Tue Aug 3 17:57:59 BST 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 06:53:29PM +0200, Reuti wrote:
> >Just to throw a little more information into the ring:  I have the same
> >problem, but instead of using RSH, I use SSH (via passwordless public-key
> >authentication within the nodes) instead.  So, I'm not sure it's related
> >specifically to rsh.
> >
> you also changed the wrapper to be a ssh-wrapper and start a ssh-daemon?

Yes.  SSH has been configured as directed by the
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/qrsh_ssh.html
webpage.  Non-MPI jobs work fine.

> Some mpi programs you can force to use rsh instead of the compiled in
> ssh by setting:
>
> export P4_RSHCOMMAND=rsh
>
> (RSH_COMMAND will not be sufficient)

Of course, this assumes that RSH is actually available for use. ;-)
Thanks for the tip though.

--
Jesse Becker
GPG-fingerprint: BD00 7AA4 4483 AFCC 82D0  2720 0083 0931 9A2B 06A2

    [ Part 2, Application/PGP-SIGNATURE 196 bytes. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]