[GE users] SGE6 and priorities

Stephan Grell stephan.grell at sun.com
Wed Aug 4 07:11:44 BST 2004

Hi John,

it sounds like the docs are too restrictive. The "qsub -p" option will
weight the submited job with all other
jobs in the sytem and not only the ones of the job owner. The function
does exactly what you want.

The second part of your question is true. Since you can configure
multiple priority policies and weight
them against each other, one has to weight for a scheduler run to get
the final weighting.

Cheers,
Stephan