[GE users] [#2] SGE6 Submitting Jobs

Shannon V. Davidson svdavidson at swbell.net
Wed Aug 4 14:30:39 BST 2004

Rory,

Try the following:

   1. Install GE on hal-n1 (qmaster+exec-host), hal-n2 (exec-host), and
      hal-n3 (exec-host)
   2. Make sure the all.q queue is configured with slots=1 and the qtype
      includes INTERACTIVE
   3. Configure qrsh to use ssh -
      http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/qrsh_ssh.html
   4. Use qrsh to submit your Vmware script

# . <sge_root>/default/common/settings.sh
# qrsh /root/scripts/vmaster2.sh
# qrsh /root/scripts/vmaster2.sh
# qrsh /root/scripts/vmaster2.sh

If you want the qrsh command to wait until a node is free, take a look
at -now n qrsh(1) option.

Cheers,
Shannon