[GE users] SGE6 and 2.6 kernel bin path

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Wed Aug 4 23:37:33 BST 2004

	Here's partial answers to your questions, Andy - for SUSE 9.1 32 bit and the
lx24-x86 courtesy SGE6 binaries...

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 10:46, Andy Schwierskott wrote:

> My question are the same as for AIX 5.2 which was reported by a user to run
> a while ago:
>
>      - core system (qmaster, exec hosts)

	Seems to be running fine.  Only anomalies were related to new features I
needed to learn, and the problem I mentioned originally where installation
and sourcing setup required that $SGE_ROOT/bin link regarding architecture.

>      - are qacct values ok?

	I don't use these, frankly, but I've poked around them and they seem OK -
numbers seem to fall into reasonable values.  I0 and IOW are always zero
though - not too clear on what that's about.

>      - does job suspension/unsuspension really work?
>      - qmon working?
>      - qrsh, qsh (as submit and as exec host) working?

	Yup on all of the above, except I haven't hammered out the qsh/X windows
problems yet(error: local DISPLAY variable ":0" delivered with interactive
job).

>      - qtcsh working

	Can't get this to work - various problems possibly related to SUSE config
stuff.  Have to "unsetenv LS_COLORS" to get rid of that error:

Unknown colorls variable `do'.
Segmentation fault

	then when I do, I don't get a segfault, but I just get a prompt in my
current(local) directory and no slots being used.  It essentially isn't
working for me...this *is* just a process like qrsh except using tcsh, right?

>      - qmake working (as submit and as exec host)?

	Sorry, nothing setup here to try that...

> + are binaries +4GB running ok?

	Same here, sorry...

	Let me know if you'd like me to try anything else.

	Cheers,

	J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
The rule on staying alive as a forcaster is to give 'em a number or
give 'em a date, but never give 'em both at once.
                -- Jane Bryant Quinn