[GE users] Re: new error messages on large # job submissions

Patrice Seyed apseyed at bu.edu
Thu Aug 5 18:55:29 BST 2004

So I submitted about 10,000 jobs that do a simple iteration with find and
dd that seemed to be going well and completing, besides the fact they
would heavily slow down the nfs server. I've now checked on these a few
days later and I see all the jobs are now in state "Eqw" and the following
message is included scrolled in the qmaster messages file:

3.q" that was not supposed to be there - killing
Wed Aug  4 04:04:20 2004|qmaster|linga|E|execd at compute-9-3.local reports
running job (21361.1/master) in queue "compute-9-3.q" that was not
supposed to be there - killing

What does this error indicate? Is this similar to the error where it
stated "cannot submit job /splat/ is a directory".

-Patrice