[GE users] strange scheduler behavior

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Fri Aug 6 16:28:50 BST 2004

In SGE6 I just started to notice some strange scheduler behavior.  First
I noticed that I had a queue restricted with a 'forced' complex, yet a
job that didn't request that complex got scheduled to it.  Then I
noticed this:

[sean at head4 sean]$ qhost -q -h node5
HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO
SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -
-       -
node5                   lx24-x86     2.00  0.97    2.0G  165.7M
4.0G    7.9M
   lowprio.q            BIP   3/2

[sean at head4 sean]$ qhost -q -h node7
HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO
SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -
-       -
node7                   lx24-x86     2.00  1.02    2.0G  135.0M
4.0G    6.0M
   lowprio.q            BIP   3/2
[sean at head4 sean]$ qhost -q -h node8
HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO
SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -
-       -
node8                   lx24-x86     2.00  0.94    2.0G  174.6M
4.0G    6.2M
   lowprio.q            BIP   3/2
[sean at head4 sean]$ qhost -q -h node9
HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO
SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -
-       -
node9                   lx24-x86     2.00  1.94    2.0G  185.9M
4.0G    6.3M
   lowprio.q            BIP   4/2      a

Has anyone seen anything like this?  Any idea what might be causing SGE
to schedule jobs where it shouldn't?

The code I'm running is a snapshot of the fixes cvs branch from July
26th.

Thanks,

Sean