[GE users] strange scheduler behavior

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Fri Aug 6 17:48:06 BST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 11:28, Sean Dilda wrote:
> In SGE6 I just started to notice some strange scheduler behavior.  First
> I noticed that I had a queue restricted with a 'forced' complex, yet a
> job that didn't request that complex got scheduled to it.  Then I

Please ignore this post.  I just realized what the problem was.  I had
some NFS issues yesterday, and apparently qmaster tried to remove some
jobs files, but failed, although it recognized the jobs as gone in its
memory.  Then when I restarted qmaster this morning, it loaded the old
set of jobs plus the current set of jobs, thus making it look like it
had scheduled jobs when it shouldn't have.